Saturday, July 26, 2008

Improving!

Earlier this week I peeled off the scab and most of the surrounding dead skin. Yes, gross, I know s but it feels good to see normal pinkish scar vs. crusty scabby skin. Again, too much, sorry. so I just wanted to share my improvement. It's looking and feeling better. Swelling is decreased significantly - the boot's velcro is adjusting for smaller foot. I can even sort of mostly stand on it - the foot not the toe - it's still a bit stiff and tender to touch. I should be boot free come a week from monday. Yes I made a thousand bucks on this and had it done for free, but every now and then I wonder if it was worth it. I do like making money.

4 comments:

littlemikemack said...

Ok, your gonna have to share more (believe it or not, need more than the pics). How on earth did you come out ahead on this ??

A vet did the procedure ?

Some new reality tv series ?? "You Too Can be A Surgeon"

It was done south of the border ??

plainoldsarah said...

mike - i'm shocked you haven't been reading my blog more religiously! =) last month i started blogging about my big toe - a bunion - it was removed on june 30. as for my happy recovery - that comes from doing a lot of sitting/reading/hanging out with friends. i'll make a separate post about that. thanks for the good questions!

littlemikemack said...

Yesyesyes, I know about the bunion surgery, but this is what I'm questioning

" Yes I made a thousand bucks on this and had it done for free..."

plainoldsarah said...

oh so sorry mike - really you just need to work on your mind reading skills. =) i think i forget to fill in the blanks that blog world has compared to real life. i went through a pain research company called scirex. they have billboards all around and commercials on tv - they don't advertise the "get paid 1000 bucks" part - so that was a happy bonus. normally bunion surgery is outpatient, since i was part of the study i stayed there four days and ate delicious food, watched cable, and stayed in bed only being required to gauge my pain level every 8 hours or so. totally the way to go!