Friday, July 18, 2008

Gas

I have finally finished this book. I bought it for my father years ago because my writing teacher told our class about it. The main character suffers from a lot of gas. Father liked it. He loaned it to the brother who liked it. I borrowed it and have finally read it. I think it belongs to me now. I'm not sure what to say about it. I was offended and entertained. It caused me to think and question and laugh at my on beliefs. It is most definitely a ride - good I think. Read it and tell me what you think. Unique for sure. I couldn't help but wonder how autobiographical it may have been. Just "seeing" new orleans made the read worth it - better than any holiday you might take there - more real.

1 comment:

Joy said...

I think this might be one of my favorite books. Yeah, the main character is completely unlikeable. The book is a tragi-comedy somehow. Anyway, its one that'll stick with you. You'll be pondering this one for years to come. At least I have.