Saturday, March 8, 2008

Obama

I'm a total loser - I forgot to take my cell phone/camera with me tonight. I attended the obama rally in laramie tonight. I know I have no photo to prove it but it's true. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Yes there was the usual rhetoric, but as an english teacher I just focused on how fun it was to identify it. He wasn't as polished, though, as i've imagined him. He was good but there were pauses where he seemed to be struggling to remember what he wanted to say or how he wanted to say it. Either way, it felt good to see him and support him and think he'll be president. I did sign a huge "laramie loves michelle" sign. I wonder if she'll get it. Seeing it pass through the rows of the stadium reminded me of combined eq/rs meetings in the chapel.

1 comment:

ewesa said...

ha. we do need stadium seating some sundays. :) hope you are having a good time! you didn't call me! expect to be hunted down tomorrow morning.