Sunday, March 2, 2008

baked indian pudding

basically it's corn pudding - but i like the romantic sound of "indian pudding." i got the recipe when i was in boston. the restaurant we visited had a brochure with a recipe. since i loved it in the restaurant i decided it was worth trying at home. trouble is i don't have a stone crock, nor do i want to bake anything for 6 hours. i managed to adapt the recipe for my sense of practicality. it's delicious. i'm happy to report i "baked" some today - it's in the fridge - ready to feed me this week. yum!

4 comments:

Jules said...

I love fixing something on Sunday that will feed me during the week. I have a stew in the rock pot right now, and I'm debating on making rolls...

Dainon. said...

I don't live very far away, y'know.

plainoldsarah said...

i like the sound of "rock pot" - cool!

and you're right dainon - you ARE close. maybe i'll bring you some. since you'd appreciate it and are asking and all. i do have extra!

plainoldsarah said...

i like the sound of "rock pot" - cool!

and you're right dainon - you ARE close. maybe i'll bring you some. since you'd appreciate it and are asking and all. i do have extra!