Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Tomato soup invention

I once had a boyfriend who felt I wasn't creative enough. In terms of cooking I disagreed. But I don't think this is what he meant. I have a tendency to find recipes that I don't have all the ingredients for. Instead of going to the store (I hate going to the store - you wind up spending more than you should and buying junk you don't need - plus the parking, the lines, the cold, the dark - ugh!) I prefer to see what I have in my freezer/cupboards and use that instead. Tonight I found tomatoes and turkey in the freezer. The recipe I found online called for green peppers. And fresh herbs! (Lack herbs often don't stop me but peppers can.) So I kept searching. I had cilantro in the freezer so I added that to my search. This time I found wonderful sounding tomato soups - but they called for things like sherry and wine. Hmm. So... I combined! And then added. I needed enough for a RS function. I keep adding. It's still boiling. Tomorrow, before the function, when I reheat, I'll add noodles. I think that's in keeping with the cilantro theme. Since I believe in adding cinnamon randomly whenever chili powder is involved I just now decided to throw in a cinnamon stick to the simmering mess. I'll let you know how it comes out.

2 comments:

ewesa said...

mmmm.... tomatoed turkey.... I think it looks good!

plainoldsarah said...

that's because you can't see the turkey and zucchinis that i added later. i really think some of the turkey needs to come out. at least i will enjoy leftovers if everyone else is too scared to eat it.