Thursday, November 29, 2007

getting to know you! thank you julie!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags. I'm a bit on the lazy and late side when it comes to gifting.
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. Again, it may be a matter of laziness. I think real are messy and don't always work and then what if I let it dry out then you have a hazard and then you have to dispose of it. Plus the prelighted kind are so handy!
3. When do you put up the tree? Truthfully, I don't. My roommate may put up one tonight, but I have to find the time to care enough to make the time to put one up. Know what I mean? I'm no scrooge - it's just I can barely keep up with life at this time of year.
4. When do you take the tree down? Perfect point - if I don't put it up I don't have to take it down.
5. Do you like eggnog? Sure - but milked down. Or my favorite is soy.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Usually it was a teddy bear. There was a huge one - such a surprise - when I was in junior high, I believe. And then when I was "too old" I still got the mother baby set I drooled over at the mall.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. I bought it the day my mom let me skip school because it was the last day before Christmas, I needed to do research in the English library down town at the embassy, and I had gone to school unprepared for the trials of womanhood and needed her to come rescue me from that challenge anyway.
8. Hardest person to buy for? It used to be dad. Now I guess it's the roommate. I'm drawing a blank this year.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My mother just wants a photo 8x10.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? When I was 6 I knew I was getting a bike and I thought it would be yellow - my favorite color. But it turned out my dad's version of yellow wasn't mine. It was more of a goldenrod and since it was a refurbished one it had a large banana seat to it. I thought it was the ugliest thing ever invented and it made me cry. Too bad I didn't have a better sense of decency and appreciation for dad's hard work back then.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? I like to receive them by mail. I have yet to send any. Did I mention my laziness and general feeling of busyness at this season?
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Story.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I try to do it all year round but really only get busy after Tday.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Sure - I must have.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I like it all. I especially enjoy gingerbread and pies and ice cream and mom's rocky road and toffee. But we always get See's marzipan as a gift so I think that would be the winner.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear. And colored. Since I don't do a tree I just like what I see and I've seen both and like both. But generally clear is best.
17. Favorite Christmas song? All of them!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? It's all good. This year I head to Sacramento with mohter to visit the sister. No one will be "home" this year. That happened a couple years ago and I fled to Seattle to spend it with Plewe and serve dinner to a bunch of hospital people. That was a good trip.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Rudolph. Commet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen. That's enough.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Stars all the way.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Whenever I get them!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Coldness and darkness and dangerous snow.
23. What I love most about Christmas? Holiday! Parties! Good times all around!

1 comment:

Monica Sue said...

wow, I learned new things about you from this list. who knew you don't like to put up a Christmas tree.
fun read.

p.s. good for you going to a concert on a school night. you have to have a life, too.