Tuesday, September 19, 2006

another day at the gym

so this morning at the gym i did weights. i've not been doing weights since may - hard to justify a trip to the gym during summer time and when i'm conserving gas money. i found that i lost some strength. alternating days of weights with cardio makes the gym a bit more interesting. i do leg weights and upper body weights on different days so that adds some more mix. having first period prep on "a" days makes getting to school early less of a priority.

4 comments:

ewesa said...

this post makes me so proud!!

plainoldsarah said...

that's right! if it weren't for plewe and her marathon dream i'd still be scared of the gym and its weight machines. i fear nothing! mostly.

Jules said...

I'm very impressed. I'm quite scared of the weights at my gym...it's that whole "we fear what we don't know" mentality. Maybe I'll give it a try the next time I go to the gym...

plainoldsarah said...

to overcome my fear i read "body for life" and he explained lots about the weights and stuff - now i also watch other people - that always builds my confidence and security. but i hear you screaming about fears. in college i was signed up for a weights class. after seeing the machines and getting the syllabus i fled like the wind and never went back. oh - another thing that helped me get over the fears - last year my ward had a "step out of the box" drive where every week for 3 months we had to do something out of our box in different categories like physical, spiritual, emotional, and social. it was an awesome experience! the gym and weights were part of that. i should probably come up with more boxes to step out of.