Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Self portrait

This is me riding the bus to work. It reminds me of famous art - like dali or meonch (the scream man) because of my bending neck. Taking self photos while trying to be inconspicous with a camera phone on a bus makes for interesting angles. What I wonder is how artists back in the day (before digital cameras) managed to find such new and interesting perspectives. I read somewhere recently that the best way to appreciate some art form is to try doing it yourself.

I also took a photo of the pretty hollyhocks at my downtown bus stop. They greeted me with such nuances of color that I knew this was going to be a good day. Pretty colors are always a good omen.

1 comment:

St. Jon said...

nice blog, Ward! I forgot you're also a Leo

Happy B-day to you, because I seem to remember it's sometime this month?

Kudos on resurrecting the SLC blog