Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Iniquity

I love my palm treo 650 so much! I can blog from it (as I usually do) and I can read my scriptures on the bus! Like I was just doing when I came across a great verse in Mosiah 8 I believe. It said something to the effect of "and thus they did labor much to support iniquity." I love that bit because for one thing I love the feeling of the word "iniquity." I also like it because it makes me think twice about how much work and effort life is full of. I wonder how much is going to waste in efforts of supporting iniquity. I know that far far too much of my day is filled with negative talk with teachers when I could instead be creating some good lesson plans. Anyway, good stuff to think about.

5 comments:

Jules said...

Okay, I'm totally jealous of your Treo! And while I tried to stay away from negative teacher talk, there are times when it is a decent copiing mechanism.

Have fun with the kids tomorrow! Good luck--you'll be awesome!

ewesa said...

so it begins...
can't wait for the stories. I think we'll laugh, we'll cry, we'll really wonder what those kids are thinking..
good luck ward!! update with stories about it soon!

St. Jon said...

Yes, good luck, Ward! my nephew starts 2nd grade today

I like the word "iniquity," too, because it covers "grey" areas as well... sin is sin, but iniquity can include those things we sometimes overlook that aren't the best for us - stuff like forgetting to eat healthy, rea good books, and exercise -

St. Jon said...

above should read: "read" good books... oops!

plainoldsarah said...

good point jon!
i especially like the word because when i was young i remember hearing it in one of the hymns and wondering what the word meant. it's the first word i really remember making a mental note of in my life.