Monday, September 8, 2008

rousing start to september

here it is - september. school is officially begun. no more holiday until mid october. so i wasn't surprised when the alarm went off and i painfully rolled out of bed. the eyes stung. the head hurt. the body was totally dragging. because i'm a slave to duty and routine i got myself to the gym. hooray - that can really make a difference. so now i'm here at school - on the prep period finally. last period tanked. i even had a kid storm out. when i reported it to the office they said his mom was checking him out. and you want to know why? a lip ring he wouldn't take out. yep. he threw away a day of school - after going to the trouble of even showing up close to on time - and he just gave up only half way through first period because he didn't want to take out his lip ring. no wonder he can't read. he's probably left school over all kinds of things his whole life - mom checking him out. i guess his lip ring is more important than his reading skills. do i sound like i got up on the wrong side of the bed? i think i did. i got up on the september side. where did my august go?

1 comment:

Jules said...

Today was my first day of waking up just before 5 AM so I could work out--I'm surprised I wasn't more tired throughout my day. Sorry about the kid...I have one of those in my 1st hour, and it's hard to not be cranky with my next class. Good luck...