Thursday, July 30, 2009

Napa

Our last day in california took us through napa valley. We enjoyed shopping in calistoga springs but napa itself felt dead. We took the long way around clear lake. I'll just say it's not all clear but it's still beautiful. This day's drive was much more pleasant. I was surprised by the tourism aspects of wine country - just odd to me since it's not on my radar. I did enjoy what appeared to be huge azalea bushes everywhere. But they could have been rhododendrons - I hear they're related. I took a photo while on the highway anyway.

our very last day began in reno and ended up in church just in time for sacrament meeting. Let me just tell you what a let down nevada is when finishing a scenic road trip. At least I had a good book to read. I finished "god wants a powerful people" - it did a lot for me in the moment and since then. We had good discussions connected to points made in the book. I'd also like to point out what an amazingly comfortable stay we had in the staybridgesuites in reno using the fabulous friends and family rate courtesy of the good friend tracie - thanks tracie - hooray for a haven of comfort after a bad night in willits.

3 comments:

Jenny P. said...

I served three months of my mission there. So beautiful!! I'm jealous of your trip. What a fun group o' gals.

plainoldsarah said...

you're right - fun group of gals - and it WAS beautiful. perfect weather perfect blue skies. perfect scenery.

Tracie said...

Thanks for plugging the SB! My fave of all our brands. I'm so glad it worked out well. :)