Monday, January 12, 2009

starting monday right

it's not often that i wake up on a monday ready to go. but today i did. not sure why. could be a great sunday evening. i got to hear president monson speaking to the young adults of the church - he's a funny man with good advice. i definitely came away uplifted and happy to be alive - challenges and all. so when i got up this morning i happily did my sun salutations, made a delicous lunch of roast beef sandwich on 10 grain bread with a fuji apple for dessert. i think another reason for my happy monday morning was that i decided before going to bed that i was going to wear jeans today. in fact, since our ward is having a luau for family home evening tonight, i went ahead and wore my nearly hawaiian shirt to school. (it's from the philippines and is not quite the perfect print, but the cut works and it's super comfy plus associated with great memories.) anyway, to really top off my monday morning, one of my yearbook students decided to deliver a plate of chocolate chip oatmeal cookies! holy cow how did i get so lucky? it's my favorite flavor. she gave me a good dozen, of which only 5 are left. now who can beat that for a happy monday morning?

3 comments:

littlemikemack said...

Manomanoman that's GREAT !

Good Monday to you !

Jules said...

I'm always happier when I get to wear jeans to work. But we are assigned jeans days...

Journalism/yearbook kids are the best. :-)

Marie said...

The universe was displeased that you were only giving yourself an apple for dessert, so it nudged the child to bake cookies for you. I'm sorry I had to miss the luau, but I hope it was the perfect end to a perfect day.