Monday, October 16, 2006

Octoberfest

For fhe we celebrated october with apple and root beer and bratwurst with a fun kick in the pants of polka dancing. I was one of the lucky ones to have a male partner - it pays to have male friends! Brent and I were told we were one of the best couples out there. Wahoo! After the fun my friend jared showed brent and me his accordion. We got to try playing it. Brent was better than me - he has an ear for music. Then brent gave me a music history lesson on the 12 note scale bach helped establish as the standard for western music. Apparently the accordion is greatly responsible for spreading it across the world. Few cultures today bother with other standards. Cool stuff. I wish I were as smart and talented as my friends brent and jared. I also wish i'd gotten a photo of us playing the accordion.

No comments: