Monday, May 5, 2008

pearls

don't mock me, but i wore pearls to church yesterday. i've decided i want it to be my new gimmick. i want to wear pearls to church every week if i can. i remember a woman who used to be in the ward that got married to one of the best guys ever (my home teacher - really he was the BEST) would always wear pearls. i'll never have her personality, nor her fashion sense (she was a bit stuck in the nineties i thought) but i can wear pearls. i don't know. call it an experiment.

i'm also trying to eat more carrots. they sometimes make my stomach go...hnnnghh... but maybe combined with certain other foods i'll enjoy the experience. i just miss the crunch factor.

6 comments:

Cindy Bean said...

I love carrots!

Betty Grace said...

No mocking here. I love it. It's fun and kind of quirky- a definite recipe for success! Who was your home teacher that got married?

plainoldsarah said...

i shall wear my pearls proudly and loudly crunch my carrots!

littlemikemack said...

"Wearing pearls proudly and loudly crunch carrots cannot co-exist in today's society"

- Emily Post (circa 1958)

plainoldsarah said...

mike - that is utterly amazing - you are incredible to have found that quote! maybe i'll crunch my carrots WHILE i wear the pearls to heighten the uniqueness of my new found gimmick.

plainoldsarah said...

mike - that is utterly amazing - you are incredible to have found that quote! maybe i'll crunch my carrots WHILE i wear the pearls to heighten the uniqueness of my new found gimmick.