Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Touring laramie

I'm finally getting around to posting some pictures from my recent trip to laramie. It was overall a great trip. We managed to just miss bad driving weather but did manage to enjoy an idyllic winter holiday while there. Our first day plewe and I spent the morning touring downtown - it was a bit like park city or jackson hole but without the trendy tourist stuff. We found some treasures at the salvation army and then walked around a bit. Plewe is posed in front of a festive tree. I took a photo of the "ballooney bin" costume shop because I loved its name so much. That afternoon jeff and I toured the famous art museum on u of w's campus. Ed had told me to check it out as it's a famous piece of architecture. We bonded with the two archivists on the 4th floor. Now I wantto work there! then on saturday all three of us visited tha famous ivinson historic mansion. We picked the perfect day for it because they were having a free open house to celebrate the close of their season. Jeff and I are in front of the gift shop after just hearing that news - see how happy we are. Inside the mansion were all kinds of cool historic items. I took a photo of an edison voice recorder because I knew what it was and was excited to have some background knowledge. On the tour we managed to make great connections with the friendly tour guides and I offered up all my knowledge of minerva teichert who has a couple paintings there in desperate need of preserving. I was again reminded that being a tour guide is one of my dream jobs.

No comments: