Saturday, December 22, 2007

hatred of my shakespeare class

just to share the repulsiveness of my assignments, i want to copy the first paragraph of the assignment i'm currently procrastinating.

"Having completed your idea analysis of Merchant of Venice in lesson 13, you are now well prepared to proceed to the rewarding experience of analyzing Shakespeare's unrivaled ability with style in this important play. Not only are you expected to identify multiple examples of his mastery of stylistic techniques, but you are expected to discuss how he utilizes these to support the issues you discussed in the last lesson Further, you are expected to use his techniques as examples for improving your own writing."

i think it is the use of the word "expected" that boils my blood. there, i used one of his techniques in my writing. isn't it much improved? aren't you all duly impressed with my skills?

No comments: