Monday, October 15, 2012

Cherry Orange Kale Quinoa Salad


I am no food blogger and don't aspire to be one, which is good since my photos are done with a cell phone in my dark kitchen, but I do want to record somewhere delicious recipes when I cook them so I can have a reference to go back to.

Today's dish is a tweak on a recipe I found online. Apparently kale is all the rage these days - even Costco is selling it. Sam's Club may start selling it in 10 years if the trend catches on solidly enough.

Cherry Orange Kale Quinoa Salad
2 cups chopped kale (I used baby since that's what Costco sells)
2 cups cooked quinoa
1/3 cup chopped dried cherries (craisins would probably be really good too)
1/3 cup chopped roasted pistachios
1/2 an orange sliced into sections
zest of one orange
juice of half an orange
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper

Mix together the zest, juice, garlic, oil, and salt and pepper. Combine all the chunky ingredients (first five) and toss with the dressing.

No comments: