Monday, October 26, 2009

engaged!


i don't think there's any one that reads this blog other than mike in texas that doesn't also read all my facebook posts or get regular emails from me. but as a special treat to those who do occasionally check here, i'm posting my engagement photo. what i love best is that we got engaged last wednesdayish and by saturday we had a date, were shopping for a ring and next thing we knew, i bought a new blouse and we were posing for an engagement picture. bret's brother took it (after proper encouragement and pressuring from me). we went to byu campus since i knew they had beautiful leaves. ever since i attended college there i have loved their leaves and had even dreamed of having my engagement photo taken with them. these were different leaves than the ones i used to admire (my "hood" at the y was pretty limited). after about 5 minutes of picture taking it started to rain heavily. that was the end of the photo session, and luckily it was successful!

12 comments:

jenniferhoiyin said...

i read it :) YAY! my mom told me the exciting news the other day, so happy for you. i love the photo, BYU campus is beautiful this time of year. CONGRATS!

Joy said...

I found out here too!

Congratulations!!

Jules said...

I still read your blog! Congratulations...I really am so very happy for you.

And I agree on the BYU leaves. I loved walking around campus in fall, with no particular destination in mind.

Tricia said...

Yay! A photo! Oh Happy Day.

Sue said...

Fabulous picture, Sarah! You are so organized to get so much done so quickly. Time is of the essence, right?

plainoldsarah said...

thank you for all the happy thoughts and support ladies - each day is getting better as each day more details get taken care of and i feel closer to being married. life is good!

Hyo said...

Holy cow - and I better get an invitation - just kidding, you don't have to invite me to your reception, but I'd love to get you something for the special occasion. You are such a gem "Ward." and I know you're not going to be "Ward" for long, but I will always know you as "Ward." Keep us all updated on all the happenings up to the actual nuptial. CONGRATS!!!!

tffnyhll said...

CONGRADULATIONS!!!! I'm so excited for you.

Jane Says said...

Yeah! This is very exciting!

plainoldsarah said...

thank you all for your enthusiasm and happiness. and hyo - you might need to give me your address! :)

littlemikemack said...

Well aren't you toooo cool ?!

Congratulations !!

triciab said...

This is a great pic, Sarah! COngratulations again!