Saturday, February 17, 2007

Day at library

It's such nice weather out that I decided to walk to the library. I love it here. To keep me entertained on the walk I read an article in byu magazine about seeking out the good things in life. It's filled with great quotes on reading and learning. Nibley said: "if you pray for an angel to visit you, you know what he'll do if he comes. He'll just quote the scriptures to you- so you're wasting your time waiting for what we already have." here's a good one from mckay: "as with companions so with books. We may choose those which will make us better, more intelligent, more appreciative of the good and the beautiful in the world, or we may choose the trashy, the vulgar, the obscene, which will make us feel as though we've been 'wallowing in the mire.'" I am happy to say I am surrounded by good companions. Thanks friends!

No comments: