Friday, December 4, 2009

Festival of trees

I'm finally done with my volunteer shifts at the f of t. Can't say it's the most fun ever but it was still pretty cool. It's really touching to think of all the people donating time and resources in honor and for the support of primary children's hospital. It was just a bit depressing thinking so much about the pain and suffering of people - I know it's supposed to inspire courage and hope especially during the holiday season but that's where the word bittersweet comes in. Maybe when i'm older or just have more time for reflection i'll be able to feel it more deeply but after two days of being on my feet i'm mostly left thinking of the sad stories. Also maybe the sadness comes from hearing that y first principal who hired me 10+ years ago passed away today from cancer. I'm no fan of cancer in any form.

No comments: