Saturday, November 24, 2012

Upcycling

I am totally impressed with myself. I made this cover yesterday afternoon after seeing directions on the internet. I looked in my pile of sewing supplies and found enough of this pink and white fabric to work. Convenient for me the stripes made it easy to measure and cut and it was the perfect exact width. Then when i couldn't find any batting i used old socks instead. Ones beyond repair. I had just enough! Then for elastic i found some old waist bands on underwear i was disposing of. I know - call me classy!

Bret is less than thrilled with the color. He thinks i am tying to make sure this car is all mine and not "ours." it is not my fault that was the only fabric i had on hand that worked. Now that i practiced on scraps maybe i can make a nicer one he approves of. 

2 comments:

Pinky Lovejoy said...

Super cute! Love it!

plainoldsarah said...

pinky! of course you loved it - thank you!