Friday, September 3, 2010

Weed

Anyone recognize this leaf? I found a couple vine like plants in my vegetable garden and have no idea what they are or where they came from. I finally ripped them out since they were thriving so well. That's usually the sign of a weed.

By the way, I found cat poop in my freshly seeded rows of beets. This is why I am intolerant of "pets.". They don't always know whose yard/garden they're using. I wish animal control was more supportive. Maybe it's time I invested in a cat trap.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

littlemikemack said...

I'm no expert mind you...but it looks like a Sweet Gum tree shoot coming up.
http://www.google.com/search?q=sweet%20gum%20tree%20leaf&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=iw#hl=en&q=sweetgum+tree+leaf&aq=f&aqi=g-s1g1&aql=&oq=sweetgum+tree+leaf&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=6dcd74dedc130321

plainoldsarah said...

good eye mike! but after reading about the sweet gum (thanks for the link) i'm thinking this was too viny to be a tree. who knows. either way, i don't want a tree in the middle of my garden. glad i pulled it up.

by the way, the beets are surviving the cat abuse.