Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Vacation week

The good husband had a vacation last week.  We kept ourselves busy.  It began with a quick trip to Arches - that we totally loved!
We ate well on our trip.  This is a tin foil dinner.  We had an excellent camp site as well, right next to the Colorado River.
Here's Bret standing in front of our favorite formations - the Three Gossips, or as we kept saying, the Three Sisters.
Here we are admiring the Delicate Arch - which is in front of us - not showing in the picture.  It was a bit windy.      

 After our trip we just hung out at home and took care of lots of chores, like yard work.  We took down three trees with the help of very capable friends, Rachel and Marie.  I wish I had a photo of them working.  The trees were just some measly Aspens so we managed with just a hand saw.  This week is neighborhood trash pickup so all the branches are out on the curb waiting for the city to take them away. 

Well, Bret is back at work and I'm back to the normal life at home.  I made strawberry freezer jam today - or I should say I messed some up.  I didn't read the directions carefully enough and now I fear it won't set up.  Speak up if you really want some strawberry syrup.  I suspect it will make great ice cream - we got a new ice cream maker last week - loving it!

1 comment:

littlemikemack said...

Looks like a grand time !