Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ghost pencil

Who else suffers from this affliction? How do you teachers out there avoid it? Being the ever ready and practical teacher that I am, I keep a pencil tucked behind my ear all day. You never know when a kid will need one. Plus I use it write everything that's not done on a computer. I can't live without my pencil. But then... when I get home... I find myself checking my ear to see if it's still there. Like getting off a boat, or at the end of rollerskating, I still have the sensation that there's a pencil up there. Usually there isn't since the last act of the day is to return the pencil to the designated mug. But to be sure my hand goes up to verify I am pencil free. Seriously, this must happen at least once each night.
Today was long. Sophomore orientation from 5:30-8:30. And do I get paid? Doubt it. Such is the life of a teacher. Hmmm, this whine is sounding familiar. Did I already post about it today? I think it's time for bed.

1 comment:

littlemikemack said...

In college, a pencil was behind my ear a good 6 hours a day.....I certainly know the sensation of it still being there even after it's long gone....

I now have the same sensation with my ear buds....