Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Sleep

This photo is about a month old but I love it. These babies love each other. Joyce does tend to poke him in the eye like she does to her dolls and pull his hair like she does to herself so he lives in a constant state of flinching. But when they see each other they smile and get excited. In some ways I am convinced they really are like twins. I have begun to notice they wake up at the same time. Ward can sleep through all kinds of noise but it seems when he hears his sister he wakes. At 5 this morning she began to fuss. Good husband was snoring like an engine and then I heard Ward babbling to himself. I took care of her first, then fed him, and then gave up on sleep since there is no stopping the snoring easily. One night I tried plugging his nose (like dad used to do to wake us up) poked him in the side, drummed his belly, whatever! Finally, moving his arm to make him wave at himself did arouse him enough that he chuckled and took a break from the noise. 

No comments: